Sunday, May 3, 2009

ONEderland is ONEderful !!!

It's been a while since I have blogged....life has been crazy, but band life has been wonderful....I mean ONEderful. My weight has finally broken the 200 mark and I am in the 100's, aka ONEderland.

Living with the band has been exactly what I expected from all I read on lapbandtalk.com. I've had days where eating the recommended small amounts is easy, days where eating anything made me nauseous, and days where I felt like I could eat my way through the entire grocery store without a second thought. Through it all, I kept the band rules in mind....protein first, vegetables second, and carbs third.

I will confess, I am a life-long carb addict....breads, pasta, pastries, etc.....thankfully they don't agree with my band (uncomfortable pressure feeling and mild nausea), so I hesitate to even reach for them any longer. This is fine with me, the band does for me what I was NEVER able to do for the long term for myself !!! The band definitely is a tool, not a magic bullet.

My 3rd fill was on 4/8/09, and I now have the appropriate restriction. Weight loss has been slower than I was hoping for...but don't we all want 100+ pounds to simple melt off over night???? I struggled daily with my frustrations, asking "How could I be eating so little, excercising so much, and not be dropping 10 pounds a week???". Then I realize that I've lost over 35 pounds in a less than 4 months.....how cool is that !!!!

2 comments:

  1. yay!!! congrats! i can't wait for my third fill in june... i had two minor unrelated surgeries (on my scalp) and was off exercise for 3 weeks, need to get back on! thanks for posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Istra....hope you are feeling well after your surgeries ! The 3rd fill was the charm for me. Keep me posted on how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete